A Journey with Purpose
By stepping on the path that leads through the levels of our Upper School, your student has begun a journey that will lead him or her through a complete classical ballet education. The end result being, a physically strong and mentally resilient young adult who is able to navigate the challenges of life with grace, mindfulness, and an assured sense of self-command.
In other words, an amazing, uniquely wonderful human being who also happens to know how to dance! Ballet is about so much more than the steps.
Your child's year-round journey includes:
- Pure classical ballet technique using the revered Cecchetti Method * (August - June)
- July Cecchetti Intensive
- Class uniform (leotard, belt, tights)
- Annual participation in our full-length story ballet
- Performance rehearsal instruction
- Access to CBS´ Ballet for Dummies video series for ballet parents by ballet parents
- Enchanted Forest Welcome Gift
- Quarterly CBS Ballet Fun Events
- An older Piqué Pal to guide them on their ballet journey
- Rose Recognition Ceremony
- Parent connection events
- Car Pool finder
- Full-length Story Ballet with professional quality sets, backdrops, scenery, props, lighting, tech, stage management, and backstage child care
- Two or three costumes according to division
- Professional matted portrait
- Performance DVD
- Performance T-Shirt
- 2 Family discount performance tickets ($2.00 each)
- Beautiful themed reception following performance
- Hair & stage makeup classes
*excludes holidays and scheduled breaks
What is the cost per month?
IMPORTANT: Annual re-enrollment is automatic. Parents must contact the school director 30 days in advance to withdraw or to arrange a pause in enrollment. For pauses, an “inclusive fee” [equal to $60 x # of missed months] will be assessed at re-enrollment. All tuition and fees are non-refundable.
Click below to enroll online
Important things to know
Arriving and Leaving:
It is never appropriate to wear dance clothing in public, no matter what the age. Wearing dance shoes outside the school is harmful to both the dance shoes and our studio floor. ALL students must change out of their dance shoes into street shoes and wear some type of cover-up or clothing that fully covers their class uniform.
Ladies are expected to come to class with hair in a classical ballet bun - please see the tutorial below. If the hair is too short to make a bun, the hair must be securely pulled up and away from the face.
In the world of ballet, tights are considered the undergarment of the ladies uniform and so it is not correct for girls to wear regular panties underneath tights. Our approved retailers carry an assortment of dance underwear and bras for those who need a little extra support. Boys should purchase dance belts/shirt-belts under the advisement of the school director.
Winter Wear and Warm-ups:
It is advisable to purchase a dance sweater for the winter months. These are available in a number of brands, however it is required that they be pink and wrap-style. Warm-ups (leg warmers, scarves, booties, sweatpants, etc.) are not allowed in the studio but may be used in preparation for class while warming up outside the studio.