a journey with purpose
By stepping on the path that leads through the Enchanted Forest, your child has begun a journey that will lead him or her through a complete classical ballet education. The end result being, a physically strong and mentally resilient young adult who is able to navigate the challenges of life with grace, mindfulness, and an assured sense of self-command.
In other words, an amazing, uniquely wonderful human being who also happens to know how to dance! Ballet is about so much more than the steps.
SYLPHS (girls) & ZANE (boys)
Your child's year-round journey includes:
- One 60 minute class per week*
- Annual participation in our full-length story ballet
- All additional performance rehearsal instruction
- Enrollment in a Super Summer Ballet Camp
- Promotion ceremony with Certificate of Accomplishment and gift
- Access to CBS´ Ballet for Dummies video series for ballet parents by ballet parents
- Enchanted Forest Welcome Gift
- Quarterly CBS Ballet Fun Events
- An older Piqué Pal to guide them on their ballet journey
*excluding holidays and breaks
All inclusive Performance Package
- One costume
- Professional portrait
- Performance DVD
- Performance T-Shirt
- 2 Performance Tickets
- Beautiful themed reception following performance
- Participation in our annual full-length Story Ballet with professional quality sets, backdrops, scenery, props, lighting, tech, stage management, and backstage child care
What does it cost?
- $95 per month year-round tuition
- $30 one-time enrollment fee*
- $300 all inclusive performance package - due at enrollment and every August thereafter
- Uniform, tights & ballet slippers - purchasing information below
*Reassessed if there is a break in tuition
click below to view our class schedule and enroll online
Your child will need:
TO BE ORDERED ONLINE - Girls
- One uniform leotard
- One or two pair of tights
- One ballet sweater for cold weather
TO BE PURCHASED AT A LOCAL DANCE WEAR STORE - Girls
One pair of PINK leather "Dansoft" ballet slippers made by BLOCH in style number S0205
TO BE PURCHASED AT A LOCAL DANCE WEAR STORE - Boys
- One pair of WHITE leather "Dansoft" ballet slippers made by BLOCH in style number S0205
- One pair of black footless tights
TO BE PURCHASED AT A LOCAL STORE - Girls
- LOTS of bobby pins, hair ties, hair gel/spray, and a fine bristled brush to make a proper ballet bun!
TO BE PURCHASED AT A LOCAL STORE - Boys
- Several pair of thin white crew socks
- One or two tight fitting, white, v-neck t-shirts
- Snug briefs to wear under tights
Important things to know
In the world of ballet, tights are considered the undergarment of the ladies uniform and so it is not correct for girls to wear regular panties underneath tights. Our approved retailers carry an assortment of dance underwear and bras for those who need a little extra support. Boys should purchase dance belts/shirt-belts under the advisement of the school director.
Arriving and Leaving:
It is never appropriate to wear dance clothing in public, no matter what the age. Wearing dance shoes outside the school is harmful to both the dance shoes and our studio floor. ALL students must change out of their dance shoes into street shoes and wear some type of cover-up or clothing that fully covers the uniform.
Girls are expected to come to class with hair in a classical ballet bun - please see the tutorial above. If the hair is too short to make a bun, the hair must be securely pulled up and away from the face.
Winter Wear and Warm-ups:
It is advisable to purchase a dance sweater for the winter months. These are available in a number of brands, however it is required that they be pink and wrap-style. Warm-ups (leg warmers, scarves, booties, sweatpants, etc.) are not allowed in the studio but may be used in preparation for class while warming up outside the studio.